Rules and Guidelines 2017 Camping Year
“Please forgive us on this day for all of the rules that follow, just as we forgive those few who made them necessary.”
Opening and Closing Dates for 2017
Miller Lake Campground will be open from May 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017. (Weather permitting) Water and the bathhouse facilities will be turned on in mid April through November 1, 2017. (Weather depending)
Note: Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in loss of campground use and privileges.
Consider Your Fellow Campers
Hours of use:
- Park opens from dawn to dusk
- Quiet hours are from 11:00 P.M to 7:00 A.M
- Visitors are welcome from 7:00 A.M to 11:00 P.M unless prior approval is obtained.
- Check in time is 1:00 p.m.
- Check out time is 12:00 noon.
- Only one main camping unit, trailer or tent per site.
- Vehicle passes must be displayed on the rear view mirrors or dash visible from the drivers’ side.
- Multiple units per site must be approved in advance for a fee of $15.00 per night.
- Only one vehicle per site to avoid overcrowding. Any additional vehicles, please park in the visitor parking.
- Motorhomes that have a vehicle will be allowed to keep a vehicle at the site.
- Please leave campsite clean upon departure. Please place all garbage in a trash bag and tie and place the bag by the road for pickup.
- Fires are to be built in the fire pits only. Please do not burn trash as people use the fire pits to cook family meals.
- Please extinguish all fires before retiring for the night.
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Fire pits are not to be moved without approval.
- A/C units will be an additional $6.00 per day.
- Please limit one vehicle per site on busy weekends.
- Please keep all additional vehicles in the visitor parking.
- All vehicles on the campsite and in visitor parking must display a vehicle decal that hangs from the rearview mirror.
Visitors & Vehicles:
- We ask that all visitors to the Campground check into the office and obtain a vehicle pass.
- Visitor and guest fees for 2016 are $3.00 per person/$12.00 per family per day. (Up to five (5) people) Visitors/Guest fee will double if a guest fails to check in.
- Visitors are welcome from 7: 00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. unless prior approval is obtained.
- Visitors may drive the vehicle down to unload and then we ask that you please move the vehicle to the visitor parking.
- Campground and day use hours may be restricted at other times and is weather permitting.
No aggressive breeds allowed!! Some examples are Pit Bulls, Great Danes, Bullmastiff, Wolf Hybrid, Doberman Pinschers to name a few.
Dogs are allowed in the Campground. THIS IS A COURTESY AND A PRIVILEGE SO PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES AND GUIDELINES WHEN BRINGING YOUR PET ALONG!
- ALL PETS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- Pets are not allowed on the beach at any time. Please use the pet swim area that is provided.
- No more than two (2) dogs per site unless prior approval is obtained.
- No farm animals unless prior approval is obtained.
- All animals should have current vet and proper county tags and be properly neutered and spayed.
- Clean up after your pet. Doggie bags are provided in the store.
- Do NOT leave any pet unattended.
- Continuous loud barking during the day or night will result in requiring that the dog be taken out of the Campground.
- Failure to properly clean up after your pet may result in a charge of no less than $25.00 to be charged to your account, or credit/debit card.
In the event of a dog bite, Allegan County Police and Allegan County Animal Control will be called without hesitation. We highly recommend that you keep a copy of the pet’s shot records easily in the event an unfortunate circumstance arises. Animal Control will quarantine your animal if shot records are not produced.
The speed limit in the Campground is 5 miles an hour. Please use caution when driving as children are running around.
Boat Launch and Fishing:
- Day use boat launch fee for 2017 is $10.00 per boat.
- When your boat is launched, we ask that you please park your vehicle and trailer in the visitor parking.
- Boat launches can be very slippery and we advise that caution is used when you are launching and loading your watercraft.
Miller Lake Campground offers rowboats and paddleboats for rent during the 2017 camping season for $5.00 dollars an hour and includes a life vest and boat anchor.
- Please do not bring firewood from a quarantined area.
- Buy and burn local firewood only. Firewood can be purchased at the office for $10.00 for the 1st bundle and $5.00 for each additional bundle. (1st Bundle includes a fire starter and kindling wood)
- Please do not burn any skids or pallets that have screws or nails.
Beach & Swimming Areas:
- NO LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY and the swimming area is unsupervised. Use at your own risk.
- No glass bottles are allowed for safety.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for supervising your children.
- For the safety of others no boats are allowed in the swimming area.
- NO HORSEPLAY WILL BE TOLERATED ON THE SWIMMING DOCK!
- NO PUSHING OR SHOVING WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE SWIMMING DOCK!
- Fireworks are not allowed.
- Sparklers and non-explosive fireworks may be enjoyed with your family.
- During the 4th of July weekend, you are welcome to bring your own fireworks. All fireworks will be inspected and discharged by Miller Lake Campground only in an approved matter. No homemade fireworks will be allowed.
Reservations/Payment & Cancellation Policy:
All reservations must be secured with a credit card or advance payment. Payment methods accepted include most major credit cards and checks. Checks may be subject to a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) service charge.
- Reservations can be made up to 365 days in advance. We accept reservations made in person, telephone, and email or through www.millerlakecampground.com and a confirmation will be emailed or provided over the telephone.
- Reservations are subject to availability.
- The first night of your stay may be charged within 48 hours of when your reservation is made.
- Cancellations shall be made five (5) days prior to your scheduled reservation directly with Miller Lake Campground. A confirmation email will be sent to confirm the cancellation. Refunds may be issued via a credit for future stays or a company check, less the credit card processing fee.
- If cancellations are made less than five (5) days in advance, the security deposit will be non-refundable.
Refunds will not be given due to weather.
We allow all campers the privilege to have golf carts. Miller Lake may require an inspection to be done before use. We ask that you please use caution and maintain the passengers to the number of seats that you have. All golf carts must yield to passengers and vehicles.
Alcohol use by underage Campers is not tolerated. Responsible consumption of alcohol is permitted. Miller Lake is not liable for any incident, injury including death, or property damage relating to the consumption of alcohol. A few good housekeeping rules:
- On busy weekends, place unused alcohol out of sight at the end of the night, either by placing in camper or locked vehicle during overnight hours.
- Renters, upon becoming aware of a situation that could lead to injury or property damage, shall take immediate and decisive action to prevent other Renters, guests and/or invitees from engaging in activities or conduct that is riotous, quarrelsome, violent or disorderly, which could cause property damage and/or harm to themselves or others. Renter(s) will be held responsible for the safety and sobriety of their guests and will be held legally responsible for the injuries and damages arising from the actions of their intoxicated guests. Please notify Miller Lake if you should witness someone that appears to be intoxicated, serving or allowing someone who is already intoxicated, serving minors, or individuals driving impaired.
Please notify Miller Lake Campground when you have guests coming to allow staff to direct visitors to your campsite. Police and emergency services will have an exception.
In Case of Injury and/or Trouble
Please notify Miller Lake immediately if an incident occurs that may cause and/or has caused injury. If a person causing trouble refuses to leave the premises when asked by Renter(s) and or Miller Lake, Renter(s), campsite host and/or Miller Lake shall assist with again asking the person to leave and advise the person that the Police will be called if he/she refuse to leave. If the person continues to refuse to leave, Renters shall contact Miller Lake so the Police can promptly be contacted. If necessary, Renters shall contact the Police themselves and notify Miller Lake immediately that the Police have been called.
The Renter(s) and all guests, invitees and visitors of the Renter(s) at Miller Lake agree to indemnify and hold harmless Miller Lake management and staff for and against any claims, losses, liabilities, costs, damages, and/or related expenses incurred by Miller Lake, its agents and employees, and/or other Renters/Campers, as a result of any injury, including death, to any person or damage to any property arising in any way out of the use of the premises by the Renter or any employee, agent, independent contractor, invitee, guest or licensee, including any person attending or attempting to attend any activity for which the premises are being rented, whether or not such person has been invited or authorized to attend by the Renter. The Renter further agrees to assume risk associated with the use of Miller Lake real and personal property for which this Agreement is executed. By signing, the Renter acknowledges receipt, understanding, agreement and execution of this Agreement for the rental/use of any part of the Miller Lake premises and agrees to abide by and conform to said rules and procedures as well as all other rules and regulations from time to time adopted or prescribed by Miller Lake and/or the Town of Hopkins, for the safety of all Campers, guests, invitees and/or visitors or anyone entering onto the Miller Lake premises. The Renter’s (s’) liability is not limited to the security deposit. The Renter(s) is/are responsible to pay for actual damages incurred as a result of any injury, including death, to any person or damage to any property as a result of the Renter’s actions or inactions, or those of the Renter’s guest(s) or invitee(s), including any legal fees necessary for Miller Lake to defend itself against such claims, and/or to prosecute its claims against Renter(s).
Additional Rules and Regulations
The premises utilized by Miller Lake and all buildings are “non-smoking” facilities. All users must comply with current smoking laws.
Miller Lake must approve any variances from the policies described in advance.
Miller Lake Kids
Everyone at Miller Lake loves and values our camping kids. The bond and great memories they build are irreplaceable. With the playground equipment and activities, everyone’s main concern is making sure that all of our kids are kept safe and that we all have a wonderful camping season. Proper supervision of your kids is required and the failure to do so may result with accommodations for a shortened stay.
Reservations are subject to availability.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TRANSFER YOUR STAY TO ANOTHER RV SITE, OR TENT SITE IF PROBLEMS ARISE WITH THE RV S Reservations ITE, OR TENT SITE YOU HAVE CHOSEN. WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO NEVER HAVE TO DO THIS! We will honor your wishes whenever possible.